– UCLITE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP –
- Student must be attending or planning to attend within one year, one of the following universities’ UCLite Program: University of California – Berkeley; Language Studies International Institute at Berkeley; National Tsinghua University – Hsinchu; Tsinghua University – Peking.
- Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree on a full-time basis or having completed an undergraduate/graduate degree.
- Scholarship is renewable after a successful reapplication up to three times or until undergraduate degree has been achieved, whichever occurs first.
- Student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and abide by the scholarship agreement.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION GUIDELINES
- Applications are accepted online only.
- Each applicant will supply his/her resume(CV), the most recent academic year Transcript and other support materials (Awards, Portfolios, English Proficiency Certificate).
- Each applicant must submit a typed essay (Statement of Purpose) of no more than 1,000 words describing a past experience that has had a significant influence on them and their expectations to UCLite Program.
- Applications that fail to meet the requirements or are incomplete will not be reviewed.
- Scholarship applicants may be asked to provide additional information.
- An email will be sent to all students who submit a complete applicant letting them know if they have been selected for an award.
- A Scholarship Renewal application must be submitted each year.
Candidate Evaluation Criteria
In appointing scholars, the selectors will look for candidates who have the potential to excel as scholars, as leaders and as contributors to improve US/CA understanding. Assessment will be based on academic merit, leadership potential and ambassadorial potential.
The selection criteria are divided into three equally weighted categories:
The UCLite Fellowship Commission promotes an equal opportunities policy. Scholarship awards are based on merit following a fair and transparent selection process. The UCLite Fellowship Commission seeks and recruits students from all backgrounds.